Personal Information Protection Policy
Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal Information” shall mean “personal information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act which refers to information related to living individuals from which certain individuals may be identified based on the corporate name, the person’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions contained in such information as well as information from which certain individuals may be identified based on the single data concerning physical appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, the insurer number on a health insurance card, etc. (information for personal identification).
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
When a user registers to use the Services, the Company at times asks for Personal Information such as the corporate name, the person’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. In addition, the Company at times collects information related to records of transactions between the user and our business partners (including website design companies, advertisement distribution recipients, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “Business Partners”), which contains Personal Information.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information)
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses Personal Information are as follows:
- To provide and operate the Company’s Services;
- To respond to inquiries from users (including performing identity verification);
- To provide information as necessary such as sending e-mails regarding new features and updates of the Services, and other related Services provided by the Company and providing notifications regarding maintenance, important announcements, etc.;
- To allow users to access, change, or delete their own registration information and to access their status of use;
- To bill users for paid Services; and
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
The Company shall change the purpose of use of Personal Information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use has relevance to the purpose of use before the change.
In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the users of the purpose after such change or publicly announce it on this website in a manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
Except in the following cases, the Company will not provide Personal Information to any third party without the prior consent of the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations.
- If it is necessary for the protection of someone’s life, body, or property and if it is difficult to obtain the Person’s consent;
- If it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote raising of healthy children and if it is difficult to obtain the Person’s consent;
- If it is necessary to cooperate with the performance of clerical work specified under laws and regulations by national institutions, local public bodies, or their outsourcees and if the acquisition of the person’s consent may cause interference with the performance of such clerical work; or
- If the Company has notified or announced the following matters in advance and has filed a notification to the Personal Information Protection Committee:
- To include in the purpose of use the provision to third parties;
- Data items to be provided to third parties;
- Means or method of provision to third parties;
- To cease provision of Personal Information to third parties at the request of the person; and
- Method of accepting the request of the person.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the party to which the relevant information is provided shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- If the Company outsources all or part of the handling of Personal Information within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use;
- If Personal Information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons; or
- If Personal Information is to be used jointly with a specific party, and the Company notifies the person to that effect in advance or makes the information readily accessible to the person concerning the items of Personal Information to be jointly used, the scope of joint users, the purpose of use by such joint users, and the name of the person or entity responsible for the management of the Personal Information.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When the Company is requested to disclose Personal Information by the person, the Company will disclose it to the person without delay. However, if any of the following events should occur as a result of disclosure, the Company may not disclose all or part of the Personal Information, and if the Company decides not to disclose the Personal Information, the Company will notify to that effect without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen per case will be charged for disclosure of Personal Information.
- If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party;
- If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of the Company business; or
- If it results in violation of any laws and regulations.
Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose information other than Personal Information, such as history information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
If a user’s Personal Information held by the Company is incorrect, the user may request the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “Corrections, Etc.”) the user’s Personal Information in accordance with procedures prescribed by the Company.
If the Company deems it necessary to respond to the request from a user as described in the preceding paragraph, the Company will make Corrections, Etc., to the relevant Personal Information without delay.
In the event that the Company makes Corrections, Etc., based on the preceding paragraph, or decides not to make such Corrections, Etc., the Company will notify the user of such decision without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use, Etc., of Personal Information)
When a request is made by a person to suspend the use of the user’s Personal Information or to delete such Information on grounds that the Information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that the Information was obtained by wrongful means (hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of Use, Etc.”), the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, the Company determines that it is necessary to comply with the request, the Company will perform Suspension of Use, Etc. of the relevant Personal Information without delay.
When the Company performs the Suspension of Use, Etc., in accordance with the preceding paragraph or decides not to perform the Suspension of Use, Etc., the Company will notify the user of this decision without delay.
Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where the Suspension of Use, Etc., involves considerable expense or it is otherwise difficult to perform the Suspension of Use, Etc., and alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the user, these alternative measures shall be taken.
Article 10 (Contact for Inquiries)
Address: 6-16-2 Imazu-cho, Fukuyama City, Hiroshima Prefecture
Company name: Sanwa Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Division in charge: General Affairs Division
E-mail address: email@example.com